EBACE 2012 Presentations
Sunday, May 13, 2012
- 09:00 – 09:30
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Welcome, Introductions & Business Aviation Safety Overview
Presented by: Brian Humphries, EBAA; Doug Carr, NBAA; Don Spruston, IBAC; and Joji Waites, UK CAA-BASP
The Business Aviation Safety Record Remains Good, Don Spruston (0.58 MB)
Business Jet Safety Overview, Joji Waites (0.10 MB)
- 09:30 – 10:30
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Professionalism: Are We As Good As We Think? What Would a Gold Standard Look Like?
Presented by: Rick Rowe, Bombardier Business Aircraft
Flight Discipline, Rick Rowe (3.20 MB)
- 10:45 – 11:30
- EBACE Safety Workshop: The Role of Training and Testing in Achieving Best in Class Standards
Presented by: Richard Walsh, HP
The Role of Training and Testing in Achieving Best in Class Standards, Richard Walsh (0.81 MB)
- 11:30 – 12:30
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Local and Regional ATC Perspectives on Business Aviation Standards and the Effect of the 2012 Olympics on Airspace Access
Presented by: Brendan Kelly, NATS
London 2012 Olympics Airspace Project, Brendan Kelly (2.19 MB)
- 13:30 – 14:15
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Reducing the Occurrences of Approach and Landing Accidents and Runway Excursions
Presented by: Don Spruston, IBAC
Runway Safety - The Business Aviation Perspective, Don Spruston (1.13 MB)
- 14:15 – 15:15
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Fatigue Management for Safe Operations
Presented by: Brian Humphries, EBAA & Leigh White, Alertness Solutions
Fatigue Factors in European Business Aviation, Brian Humphries (0.58 MB)
Managing Fatigue: Practical Tools, Leigh White (1.02 MB)
- 15:30 – 16:15
- EBACE Safety Workshop: The Role of SMS in Enhancing Safety for Small Operators
Presented by: Simon Roberts, UK CAA; Joji Waites, UK CAA; & Malcolm Rusby, TAG
Safety Management for Small Operators, Simon Roberts (0.28 MB)
The Role of FDM in Enhancing Safety for Small Operators, Joji Waites & Malcolm Rusby (0.82 MB)
- 16:15 – 17:00
- EBACE Safety Workshop: Emergency Response Planning – Are You Ready for the Unexpected?
Presented by: Aoife O'Sullivan, Gates & Partners
Emergency Response Planning in Business Aviation, Aoife O’Sullivan (0.25 MB)
Monday, May 14, 2012
- 14:30 – 15:45
Runway Capacity Planning and Non-Scheduled Operations – A Contradiction in Terms?
- Moderated by: Rohit Jaggi, Financial Times
- Guest Speakers: Matthew Baldwin, European Commission; Fabio Gamba, CEO, EBAA; Giommaria Uggias, Member European Parliament
Join this discussion on the latest Commission proposals on slot acquisition and ground handling and how business aviation will fit in the new procedures.
Airport Package/Slots Allocation in Europe, Nicolas Lyrakides (1.84 MB)
Regulation, Capacity and Regional Aerodromes, Dr. Pierre Moreillon (1.00 MB)
Solving the Capacity Crunch Intelligently, Fabio Gamba (0.81 MB)
- 16:00 – 17:30
Southern and Eastern Europe: Opportunities Amidst Challenges
- Moderated by: Taunya Renson, FlyCorporate
- Guest Speakers: Vitus Eckert, JetAlliance; David Marsh, Eurocontrol; Mikhail Titov, RUSAERO
Do you fly to the southern and eastern European borders? Or are those routes in your future planning? Discover what opportunities there might be, and what challenges await you.
JetAlliance, Vitus Eckert (0.48 MB)
Recent Trends in Business Aviation in Europe, David Marsh (1.34 MB)
Southern and Eastern Europe: Opportunities Amidst Challenges, Jiří Matoušek (0.52 MB)
Russian Business Aviation Market: Main Tendencies, Mikhail Titov (1.67 MB)
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- 09:30 – 11:00
SESAR: What Does Business Aviation Stand to Gain?
- Moderated by: Pedro Vicente Azua, EBAA
- Guest Speakers: Carlo des Dorides, European GNSS Agency; Jacek Krawczyk, European Economic and Social Committee; Patrick Ky, SESAR Joint Undertaking; Mark Wilson, NetJets Europe
High-level panelists will share their views on the progress of the Single European Sky and the likely benefits and challenges of the SESAR program for the European sector.
EGNOS for Aviation: High Precision, Low Investment, Carlo des Dorides (1.04 MB)
Video: EGNOS for Aviation: High Precision, Low Investment (19.2 MB)
Single European Sky and SESAR: European Aviation at the Crossroads, Jacek Krawczyk (0.18 MB)
SESAR and Business Aviation, Patrick Ky (1.74 MB)
SESAR: What does Business Aviation stand to gain?, Mark Wilson (1.75 MB)
Harmonization of NextGen and SESAR, Carl Esposito (0.84 MB)
- 11:15 – 12:45
EU-ETS: Here to Stay Despite the Turbulence – Are You Ready? Will ICAO and CAEP Lead the Way Forward for Global Solutions?
- Moderated by: Guy Viselé, EBAA
- Guest Speakers: Martina Becher, TAG Aviation; Steve Brown, NBAA; Yolanda Villar Ruberte, European Commission; Andrew Watt, Eurocontrol
This Session will include a debate on the implementation of the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) and ICAO's ongoing work, and a discussion on the contributions of the European Commission, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European users.
EU-ETS Here to Stay Despite the Turbulence, Martina Becher (0.24 MB)
EU-ETS Environmental Update, Steve Brown (0.10 MB)
Aviation in the EU-ETS: Latest State of Implementation, Yolanda Villar Ruberte (0.09 MB)
Market-Based Measures: EUROCONTROL’s Role, Andrew Watt (1.19 MB)
- 14:30 – 16:00
Curtailing Illegal Flights
- Moderated by: Aoife O'Sullivan, Gates & Partners
- Guest Speakers: Gary Garofalo, Garofalo, Goerlich, Hainbach P.C.; Maxime Coffin*, DGAC; Willy Sigl, EASA; Oliver King, Avinode
Why should we care about illegal flights? What is their impact? What are the solutions? The panelists will answer these questions and many more on this important issue.
Illegal Charter Flights: A U.S. Regulatory Perspective, Gary Garofalo (0.13 MB)
Illegal Flights in Business Aviation, Maxime Coffin (0.02 MB)
Panel Discussion - Illegal Flights, Willy Sigl (0.40 MB)
Illegal Charter Flights: A Marketplace Perspective, Oliver King (0.68 MB)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- 10:00 – 11:00
Business Aviation as a Career: Crewing and Support for Today and Tomorrow!
- Moderated by: Belarmino Gonçalves Paradela, EBAA
- Guest Speakers: Victor Grove, PrivatAir; Markus Blattner, TAG Aviation; Students from Sabena Flight Academy (Brussels, Belgium), ENAC (Toulouse, France) and IAAG/EPAG (Lille, France)
Are you a college student or a student pilot who is looking for a career in business aviation? This is your chance to meet experienced professionals, and hear what job opportunities are available in business aviation.
Business Aviation as a Career: Crewing and Support for Today and Tomorrow, Belarmino Gonçalves Paradela (0.40 MB)
Business Aviation Training, Michael McCracken (0.32 MB)
Business Aviation as a Career: Crewing and Support for Today and Tomorrow, Markus Blattner (0.65 MB)
- 13:30 – 14:30
- EBACE Cabin Crew Symposium: How to Prepare for the 2012 Olympics
The 2012 Olympic Games, being held this July in the United Kingdom, are just a few months away. Representatives from the UK will join this session to offer their expertise on preparing for this event, and to offer suggestions on how to fit into this dynamic situation.
Presented by: Terry Yeomans, Rockwell Collins
How to Prepare for the 2012 Olympics, Terry Yeomans (2.05 MB)