Monday, May 19, 2014 – 09:00 to 18:30
Geneva Palexpo, Congress Centre, Room F
The registration fee for this one-day seminar is $595 for EBAA or NBAA Members. This fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, seminar materials and full registration to EBACE2014’s seminars, exhibits and static display May 20-22. Register now for the International Aircraft Transactions Seminar.
* Denotes speaker has been invited, but is unconfirmed.
- 09:00 – 9:30
Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 09:30 – 9:45
Rodolfo Baviera, Chairman EBAA
Ed Bolen, President & CEO NBAA
Fabio Gamba, CEO EBAA
- 09:45 – 10:30
Global Aircraft Market Update
Presented by: Oliver King, Avinode ; Jay Mesinger, Mesinger Jet Sales
- Overview of the current business aircraft market: Which segments are performing well? Are these trends likely to continue?
- Globalization of business aviation: Are there new, emerging markets for business aviation? What opportunities exist for OEMs and other sellers?
- The pre-owned market: what is the impact of aging aircraft? What trends are we seeing in aircraft valuations?
- Trends in charter demand: Is there momentum in segments of the charter market in Europe or other regions of the world? If not, when will it pick up?
- 10:30 – 11:00
Morning Coffee & Networking Break
- 11:00 – 11:45
Presented by: Andre Duwel, Schäfer & Partner
- Strategies for analyzing common ownership structures used in the EU in light of tax/liability concerns.
- Best practices for aircraft owners in selecting a charter/management company and structuring the relationship.
- Impact of aircraft ownership structure on registration/operational issues.
- 11:45 – 12:15
EASA Regulatory Update
Presented by: Jean-Marc Cluzeau, European Aviation Safety Agency
This program will introduce potential changes that may affect business aircraft operators flying to, from and within Europe:
- Oversight of third country aircraft and operators involved in non-commercial air transport operations.
- Authorization of Third Country Operators (TCOs) engaged in commercial air transport in Europe.
- Flight and duty time limitations (FTL) for commercial cabin crew and pilots.
- Avionics requirements, such as Future Air Navigation System (FANS).
- 12:30 – 13:45
Lunch is included in the seminar registration fee.
- 13:45 – 14:30
Presented by: Aiofe O’Sullivan, Kennedys Aviation
- What is the impact on aircraft valuations with respect to business aircraft financing? Are there identifiable trends and will they continue in the near term?
- Benefits and risks of tripartite finance agreements: ensuring a level playing field. What do aircraft owners and aircraft operators need to know?
- Enhancements to the Cape Town International Registry: the Revised Official Commentary and the new “closing room.”
- Repossession of aircraft.
- 14:30 – 15:00
Afternoon Coffee & Networking Break
- 15:00 – 17:00
Presented by: Derek Bloom, Marks & Sokolov, LLC; Bart Boury, Flying Group; Steve Cain, Equium; Lasse Rungholm, OPMAS
This panel will discuss a variety of European tax topics relevant to business aircraft owners and operators:
- Which tax traps/risks must operators be aware of when flying throughout Europe?
- What opportunities may exist to minimize VAT due on aircraft operating in the European Union?
- Update on recent tax law applicability/changes including UK’s Air Passenger Duty and Italy’s luxury tax.
- The status of EU-ETS and what may be next for international operators?
- 17:30 – 18:30
For More Information
For more information on the EBACE International Aircraft Transactions Seminar, please contact[email protected].