International Aircraft Transactions Seminar
Monday, 28 May 2018
EBAA and NBAA are pleased to once again host the EBACE International Transactions Seminar, which will provide an in-depth review of the tax, legal and regulatory issues that are key to successfully conducting a business aircraft transaction. The seminar brings together leading experts on topics including aircraft financing, emerging European tax issues, the current status of the business aircraft market and more. If you are involved in the aircraft transactions process, plan to attend this seminar for highly rated education sessions and valuable networking.
The registration fee for this one-day seminar is $600 for EBAA and NBAA members. This includes continental breakfast, lunch an evening reception, seminar materials and full registration to EBACE2018. Register now.
- Continental Breakfast
- Welcome and Introductions
- State of the Global Markets Recent Past, Present and Immediate Future
Moderator: Robert Baltus, EBAA
Speakers: Richard Koe, WINGX-Advance; Arthur Thomas, EBAA; Rollie Vincent, JETNET
Analyse the latest date on business aircraft activity and macro-indicators on the health of the sector in the Eurozone with exclusive data from WINGX-Advance Jet-net and EBAA.
- Which airports and countries are seeing the most activity and how is activity segmented across various aircraft classes?
- What is the evolution of the EU fleet?
- What are the future trends in the European Market?
- What about Cross-border activity?
These questions and more will be answered in an interactive discussion that will highlight opportunities and challenges in the market.
- Discussion Panel on VAT, EU Imports and Exports and Tax Structures
Moderator: Belarmino Paradela, EBAA
Speakers: Adrian Parcell-Jones, Martyn Fiddler Aviation; Jeff Towers, TVPX; Lasse Rungholm, OPMAS
- EASA or non EASA is it still a choice? NCC or CAT what works best for you? What is the registry of choice and why? Is VAT still a driver of choice for the registry?
- Explain potential multiple layers of VAT?
- These questions and more will be answered in an interactive discussion that will highlight opportunities and challenges in Europe regarding taxes.
- Morning Break
- Discussion Panel on Aircraft Sales Transactions and Global Market Environment
Moderator: Janine K. Iannarelli, Par Avion
Speakers: Dominique Trinquet, Boutsen Aviation; Steve Varsano, The Jet Business ; Donald Dwyer, Guardian
- Flying is picking-up, do you see new customers entering the European market? Who are they?
- What aircraft types are the winners and losers in the second-hand market in Europe and in US? Are the opportunities in Europe and US the same?
- Is the secondary market still competing with new Aircraft sales?
- What impact do external factors – such as the ADS-B mandate in US have in the transactions?
- Is there a need for a universal set of standards governing sales professionals?
- Discussion Panel on Legal, Financial, KYC Considerations
Moderator: Giulia Mauri, Pierstone
James Struble, Jackson Walker LLP; Debbie Mercer, Wright Brothers; Marie-Laure Gassier, BNP Paribas; Frédéric Meyer, Meyer Avocats
- How well do you know your customers?
- What particular US laws or principles applies in non US transactions?
- Are those laws becoming universal?
- How black is the black list? Are there any shades of grey?
- Financing in 2018
Moderator: Ford von Weise, Citi Private Bank
Speakers: Michel Buffat, Credit Suisse; Marie-Laure Gassier, BNP Paribas; Salvatore Tosiani, Bank CIC
- Is buying a preferred option over leasing or renting?
- Rates, rates or quality? Is there a difference?
- What are the trends in financing Business Aviation Aircraft?
- Is there Brexit impact on aircraft transactions?
- Are there preferred countries in terms of financing and repossessing perspective?
- How big is the risk factor spread given to operators?
- Certification requirements on import/export
Speakers: Martin Eibicht, Jet Aviation Business Jets; TAG rep; OEM Pilatus
- To the US and back. What are the main cost drivers in buying and selling across the pond? ADS-B installation and the timeline?
- What roadblocks are encountered on the way to a C of A?
- What is the impact of the EU /US and EUI/Brazil Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreements (BASA) on the certification requirements?
- Static Spotlight
Moderator: Rollie Vincent, JetNet
Speed dating with the OEM’s, what is in store in 2018 to 2025
3 minutes per OEM
- Reception for Attendees and Speakers