International Aircraft Transactions Seminar
Monday, 28 May 2018
Congress Centre, Room K
EBAA and NBAA are pleased to once again host the EBACE International Transactions Seminar, which will provide an in-depth review of the tax, legal and regulatory issues that are key to successfully conducting a business aircraft transaction. The seminar brings together leading experts on topics including aircraft financing, emerging European tax issues, the current status of the business aircraft market and more. If you are involved in the aircraft transactions process, plan to attend this seminar for highly rated education sessions and valuable networking.
General Moderators: Janine K. Iannarelli (Chair of EBAA’s AMAC Sales and Acquisitions Committee), Robert Baltus (COO of EBAA)
The registration fee for this one-day seminar is $600 for EBAA and NBAA members. This includes continental breakfast, lunch an evening reception, seminar materials and full registration to EBACE2018. Register now.
- Continental Breakfast
- Welcome and Introductions
- State of the Global Markets Recent Past, Present and Immediate Future
Moderator: Robert Baltus, EBAA
Speakers: Richard Koe, WINGX-Advance; Arthur Thomas, EBAA; Rollie Vincent, JETNET iQ
- Analyse the latest date on business aircraft activity and macro-indicators on the health of the sector in the Eurozone with exclusive data from WINGX-Advance Jet-net and EBAA.
- Which airports and countries are seeing the most activity and how is activity segmented across various aircraft classes?
- What is the evolution of the EU fleet?
- What are the future trends in the European Market?
- What about Cross-border activity?
- Discussion Panel on VAT, EU Imports and Exports and Tax Structures
Moderator: Belarmino Paradela, EBAA
Speakers: Adrian Parcell-Jones, Martyn Fiddler Aviation; Jeff Towers, TVPX; Lasse Rungholm, OPMAS
- EASA or non EASA is it still a choice? NCC or CAT what works best for you?
- What is the registry of choice and why? Is VAT still a driver of choice for the registry?
- Explain potential multiple layers of VAT?
- Morning Break
- Discussion Panel on Aircraft Sales Transactions and Global Market Environment
Moderator: Janine K. Iannarelli, Par Avion ltd.
Speakers: Dominique Trinquet, Boutsen Aviation; Steve Varsano, The Jet Business ; Mike Dwyer, Guardian Jet
- Flying is picking-up, do you see new customers entering the European market? Who are they?
- What aircraft types are the winners and losers in the second-hand market in Europe and in US? Are the opportunities in Europe and US the same?
- Is the secondary market still competing with new Aircraft sales?
- What impact do external factors – such as the ADS-B mandate in US have on the transactions?
- Is there a need for a universal set of standards governing sales professionals?
- What other areas of the world does the panel see as very active? Africa for example?
- Discussion Panel on Legal, Financial, KYC Considerations
Moderator: Giulia Mauri, Pierstone
James Struble, Jackson Walker LLP; Debbie Mercer, Wright Brothers; Marie-Laure Gassier, BNP Paribas; Frédéric Meyer, Meyer Avocats
- How well do you know your customers?
- What particular US laws or principles apply in non-US transactions?
- Are those laws becoming universal?
- How black is the black list? Are there any shades of grey?
- Financing in 2018
Moderator: Ford von Weise, Citi Private Bank
Speakers: Michel Buffat, Credit Suisse; Marie-Laure Gassier, BNP Paribas; Salvatore Tosiani, Bank CIC
- Is buying a preferred option over leasing or renting?
- Rates, rates or quality? Is there a difference?
- What are the trends in financing Business Aviation Aircraft?
- Is there a Brexit impact on aircraft transactions?
- Are there preferred countries in terms of financing and from a repossessing perspective?
- How big is the risk factor spread given to operators?
- Certification requirements on import/export
Moderator: Aoife O’Sullivan, The Air Law Firm
- Panelists: Martin Eibicht, Jet Aviation Business Jets, Gal Peleg, Jetsetter, Rolan McKay, KAYWAY, Brendan Lodge Jet Support Services, Inc. & JSSI Parts LLC.
- To the US and back: What are the main cost drivers in buying and selling across the pond?
- How does ADS-B installation impact the process?
- What roadblocks are encountered on the way to a C of A?
- What is the impact of the EU /US, EU/Brazil and EU/Canada Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreements (BASA) on the certification requirements? More information about Bilateral Agreement (BASA) related to Continuing Airworthiness.
- OEM Static Spotlight
Moderator: Rollie Vincent, JetNet iQ
- OEM Outlook: What’s Coming in 2018 and Beyond?
- What’s New in 2018?
- What’s Coming in 2019 and Beyond?
- What Can Attendees to Your EBACE Static Expect to See and Learn?
- Participating OEM’s:
- Airbus Corporate Jets – David Velupillai, Marketing Director
- Bombardier Business Aircraft – David Vandenberg, Senior Director Structured Finance
- Dassault Aviation – Carlos Brana, Vice President Civil Aircraft
- Embraer – Rafael Mello, Sales Engineering Europe, CIS and Africa
- Gulfstream – Steve Cass, Vice President Sales Development and Support
- Piaggio Aero – Fabrizio Voaggi, Regional Sales Director
- Textron – Robert Scholl, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Reception for Attendees and Speakers