Going to EBACE2019? Organizers Offer Tips for Managing Expenses
20 March 2019
Centrally located in Europe, and home to more international organizations than any other place in the world, Geneva continues to be an ideal site for the annual European Business Aviation Exhibition & Convention (EBACE), to be held this year from 21-23 May.
“EBACE is held at the magnificent Palexpo convention center, conveniently located adjacent to Geneva International Airport (GVA), making it easy for attendees to come for a single day of the show if they wish,” said Chris Strong, NBAA senior vice president, conventions and membership.
According to Strong, EBACE participants who are minding their budgets can save costs show in several ways – for example:
- Inexpensive flights from a number of other European cites – for instance, on EasyJet and Swiss Economy Light in particular – can provide a low-cost option for flying into Geneva, and Palexpo is just a short walk or ride from the airport.
- Geneva is also easily accessible by train from locations all over Europe. Supersaver tickets, which can save up to 50 percent on a train ride, can be purchased online.
- Geneva city transportation passes can also be purchased for affordable intra-city trips.
- Geneva offers a number of hotels at a range of price points, and EBACE participants will save on expenses by booking hotel rooms through the EBACE room block, or even by consulting Airbnb for reasonable accommodations.
- For those on tight budgets, staying in nearby French towns with direct public transportation to Geneva – about a half-hour away – can help cut down on costs. Book your EBACE2019 hotel.
- Local restaurants with a range of price points can also be located with the use of the “La Fourchette” (The Fork) app, through which EBACE attendees can get discounts on their favorite restaurants.
“We also encourage attendees to register for EBACE2019 in advance, which is more cost-effective than registering on-site,” noted Strong. “A last-day only badge is also available at a lesser cost.
“With more than 400 exhibitors, at least 50 aircraft on static display and more than 10 education sessions, EBACE is Europe’s premier business aviation event, and this year will draw more than 13,000 professionals,” said Strong. “If you have any connection with the European business aviation industry, this is the place to be in late May.”